|Miss Jarvis||Mr Hicks|
Happy New Year - Year 4
Welcome to 2021 and what a strange but predicted start to the school year. As you will realise that it is back to remote learning which we all did not want for the children but it is out of our control. Please click on the Remote Learning Icon below where you will find daily tasks for your children to complete. If you have any questions please contact us through Class Dojo.
Miss Jarvis, Mr Hicks and Mrs LaRocque
Welcome to a new school year at St Joseph’s and especially to Year 4. We are really looking forward to working with your child and we are sure it will be a fabulous year. There will be lots of hard work but also lots of fun will be had as well.
Communication is key to your child’s success and for a wonderful parent/teacher relationship so we encourage you to contact us via the office if you have any concerns or questions. We will be more than happy to speak with you after school over the telephone or to speak through a face mask on the playground.
Please do look at the subject pages as we will try our best to add the activities and information the children learn during the day at school.
* Homework will be handed out on a Friday with an expectation that it is completed for the following Wednesday. It will consist of English, Spelling, Maths or Topic work. Due to the current situation, it will mainly be online through Purple Mash or My Maths.
* Spellings need to be learnt every week for a test on Monday.
* Please read with your child every night and remember to sign that you have heard them. This has an enormous positive effect on your child's learning.
* In the Autumn Term, Year 4 should go swimming on a Wednesday morning. But again due to West View closing, Year 4 are doing PE.
* If your child has joined an after school sports club then another sports kit is needed. This can be a football kit, tracksuit or any t-shirts and shorts. Trainers can also be worn.
Miss Jarvis, Mr Hicks and our lovely TA Mrs LaRocque