Tuesday 23rd February 2021
|Morning challenge/ letter formation||
Watch the video labelled 'morning challenge - ' th ' (The video is below this timetable)
Use the green work book in your learning packs to practise writing the letter ' th '
Please ensure your child follows the Phonics lessons daily. This will support your child to read. In Reception, they need to learn Set 1 followed by Set 2. Please click on the link and watch the lesson virtually. Each day, a new sound will be added.
The Video's will be live from 9.30am and will last for 24 hours.
L.O: To speak in a full sentence.
To learn what animals live on a farm
Watch the video below all about animals that live on a farm.
Task – To Speak in a full sentence and describe the animals
Can you talk about the different animals that live on a farm?
What do they look like?
Where do they live?
What do they eat?
L:O- To discuss the properties of 2D shapes.
Watch today's video all about counting vertices. There are 2 videos for today.
Vertices are when two sides meet.
You need SHEET 11 from your pack of sheets. You had this sheet before half term.
Today we will look at a Square.
1. Go and find some squares around your home. Can you find different sized squares?
2. Can you point out all the vertices? How many vertices do all squares have?
3. On sheet 11 write down how many vertices squares have.
1. Watch the 'GUESS THE SHAPE' video
2. Can you pick a shape to describe to someone?
- Describe it without saying the name of the shape.
- where might you see the shape in your house?
- how many sides does it have?
- how many vertices does it?
- Can you guess the shape?
Key vocab- 2D, flat, vertices, vertex, sides, triangle
L:O- To learn about farm animals.
To draw simple representations of animals.
Watch the video link below to sing the song 'Old Macdonald'
Can you draw pictures of animals that live on a farm?
Can you talk about the animals?
What noise to they make?
How do they move? such as a horse that gallops.