Positive staff wellbeing can increase productivity and engagement, improve people's job satisfaction, and help to reduce absence from work – and it means that staff are better able, in turn, to support their pupils. At St Joseph’s, the wellbeing of our families, pupils and staff is at the heart of all we do.
There are a number of ways in which staff are supported in school with their mental health and wellbeing:
- Team Building events – we invest time and money in making time for staff to enjoy each other’s company. Events such as pottery painting, graffiti lessons, Laser Quest, Escape Rooms, community projects and our annual charity walk from Lytham to Preston mean that staff can chat and enjoy fun activities together away from the hustle and bustle of school.
- Staff Rewards – staff achievements and events both in their work life and personal life are all celebrated in school.
- Special Leave – our Headteacher is a great believer in letting staff attend events outside of school that are important to them and their families, even if these events fall in school time. This includes attending events such as their children’s nativity plays, sports days and parents’ afternoons.
- SAS – The school buys into Schools Advisory Service on an annual basis to support staff with Health and Wellbeing Support. Staff can access a wide range of free services including Physiotherapy, Counselling, Weight Management, Menopause Support, Mindfulness Support, Cancer and Chronic Illness Support, Stress Awareness and GP/Video Consultations.
- Back to Work Interviews – all staff have the opportunity to have a Back to Work Interview when returning to work following sickness. These meetings ensure that staff are fit and well to return to work and any adjustments to their workplace routines can be made, where necessary.
- Occupational Health – many staff have been referred to this service to help support them with any health matters they may be struggling with.
- Annual Staff Survey – this is an opportunity for staff to share their view on what it is like to work at St Joseph’s
- Fun and Laughter – the best tonic! There is plenty of that here at St Joseph’s!!