Monday 25th January 2021
|Morning challenge/ letter formation||
Watch the video labelled 'morning challenge - ' c ' (The video is below this timetable)
Use the green work book in your learning packs to practise writing the letter ' c'
Please ensure your child follows the Phonics lessons daily. This will support your child to read. In Reception, they need to learn Set 1 followed by Set 2. Please click on the link and watch the lesson virtually. Each day, a new sound will be added.
The Video's will be live from 9.30am and will last for 24 hours.
Set 1: f
Set 2: igh
Daily task -
L.O: To retell the events of a story.
Watch the video below to explain today's task
You will need the story board from your work packs.
- Mix up the picture cards.
- Look at each picture and discuss what is happening.
- Order the pictures. Beginning, middle and end.
- Use the words ' first, next, then, finally' to order and talk through the story.
L.O: Counting up to 10 in many different ways.
Today I would like you to practise counting to 10 in lots of different ways.
This skill will help complete the maths for the rest of the week.
- Can you count to 10 from 0?
- Count to 10 but start at different numbers, such as count on from 4.
- Parents ask your child to show you different amount of objects up to 10. Use pasta/ cereal/ objects from around your house.
- Can you count to 10 on your fingers? Count slowly, one finger at a time.
- Parents ask your child to show you different amounts on their fingers such as 'show me 6' they can count from 1 if they need to, see if they can count in their head
- Can your child find different numbers to 10 on their number track and write numbers 1-10 in their work books?
Can you count to 20, represent numbers to 20 and write numbers to 20?
L:O- To know that Jesus loves all of us.
Watch and listen to the video below.
- Talk about who loves you the most?
- why does this person love you?
- How do you know they love you?
- Can you guess who loves you even more than that person? JESUS!
- Talk about how Jesus will never stop loving you. Even if we forget Jesus, he will still always love us.
-We can show Jesus that we love him by doing all that he asks us to do.
He asks us to love one another, be kind and help others.
Make a list of all the things you can do to show Jesus that we love him.