Monday 1st February 2021
|Morning challenge/ letter formation||
Watch the video labelled 'morning challenge - ' e ' (The video is below this timetable)
Use the green work book in your learning packs to practise writing the letter ' e '
Please ensure your child follows the Phonics lessons daily. This will support your child to read. In Reception, they need to learn Set 1 followed by Set 2. Please click on the link and watch the lesson virtually. Each day, a new sound will be added.
The Video's will be live from 9.30am and will last for 24 hours.
Set 1: sh
Set 2: ar
Daily task -
L.O: To order a set of instructions
Watch the video below to find out today's task
1. Make a bowl of porridge. If you do not have the ingredients, you can watch the video below to see how porridge is made.
2. Order the instructions. Use each step from the video below.
3. Speak in full sentences to explain each step, such as 'first add the oats and the milk.'
L.O: To name 2D shapes
Watch today's video below.
This week we are starting to learn all about 2D shapes.
- Sing the 2.D shape song linked below
- Listen to the video and learn the name of each 2D shape
Get sheet 8 from your math learning pack
- Can you point to a shape and say what it is called? such as ' point to the circle '
Key words- 2D, flat, shape, square, circle, triangle, rectangle.
Challenge- We will be learning about shapes for a couple of weeks and we will start to discuss their properties. However if you would like a challenge you could start to count how many sides each shape has.
L.O: To know that Jesus can help us
Watch the video below to learn about a story of Jesus helping a man by the pool of Bethesda.
Think about different ways Jesus can help us?
What can we do to help somebody who is ill or hurt?
Create a 'get well' card for somebody who is ill.
Think about what acts of kindness we could do to help somebody who is ill or hurt.