Friday 26th February 2021
|Morning challenge/ letter formation||
Watch the video labelled 'morning challenge - ' ch ' (The video is below this timetable)
Use the green work book in your learning packs to practise writing the letter ' ch '
Please ensure your child follows the Phonics lessons daily. This will support your child to read. In Reception, they need to learn Set 1 followed by Set 2. Please click on the link and watch the lesson virtually. Each day, a new sound will be added.
The Video's will be live from 9.30am and will last for 24 hours.
L.O: To speak in a full sentence.
To write a short phrase (2 words)
Watch the video below to show you how to complete today's task.
Task – To write a short phrase about a duck.
(a duck, the duck)
Use your phonics to sound out duck. Use your tricky words to help spell 'the'
Don't for your finger space.
L:O- To discuss the properties of 2D shapes.
Watch today's video all about counting vertices. There are 2 videos for today.
Vertices are when two sides meet.
You need SHEET 11 from your pack of sheets. You had this sheet before half term.
Today we will look at a rectangle.
1. Go and find some rectangles around your home. Can you find different sized squares?
2. Can you point out all the vertices? How many vertices do all squares have?
3. On sheet 11 write down how many vertices rectangles have.
- Can you pick a shape to describe to someone? Play 'guess the shape with your grown up.'
- Describe it without saying the name of the shape.
- where might you see the shape in your house?
- how many sides does it have?
- how many vertices does it?
- Can you guess the shape?
Key vocab- 2D, flat, vertices, vertex, sides, triangle
L:O- To know where animals live on the farm.
FINISH THIS FROM YESTERDAY
Watch the video link below. It will show you where different animals live on the farm.
Can you draw a picture of an animal and where it lives on the farm?
E.G: Pig in a pig stye.
Can you label the picture.
Create a house for an animal by using different materials around your house.